Monday, November 3, 2014

In 2002 he graduated from Western University in Ontario with an Honours degree in Kinesiology and se

Exclusive Interview With Fitness Legend Vince Del Monte! | Gain Quick: Gain & Build Muscle with Expert Knowledge
Today, I am pleased to share with you an interview I had with Vince Del Monte , the author of No Nonsense Mucle Building . Vince, formerly “Skinny Vinny”, earned the nickname due to his scrawny physique; he had been a very successful long distance runner when he was a teen.
In 2002 he graduated from Western University in Ontario with an Honours degree in Kinesiology and set about adding some muscle mass to his thin frame. So impressive was his transformation that this lead to modelling, a successful online fitness business and other amazing ventures. Today, Vince “the Skinny Guy Savior” has earned his place as one of the legends in the fitness and bodybuilding community.
I was a wimpy, scrawny long distance runner and earned cremica group the nickanme Skinny Vinny as you mentioned. I found my identity cremica group in running and the success I experienced with the sport. I was also a competitive triathlete and represented Canada at the World Triathlon Championships in my teens. My life revolved around running, swimming, biking and sleeping. Back then I didn’t know much about nutrition and lived on pasta, bagels and Kraft Dinner, I never ate protein cremica group or vegetables!
Q) There are a lot of “Skinny Vinny’s” out there and they would love to gain 41 lbs of lean muscle in the space of 6 months just like you did. How were you able to accomplish that drastic transformation in such a short time?
Keep cremica group in mind when I was a runner I was putting in 60-100 miles a week, living off of carbs and never weight training so my body responded very fast to the bodybuilding lifestyle of virtually zero cardio, eating every 3 hours (I ate 6 meals a day like clock work), consuming proteins, low glycemic carbs and fats with every meal and introducing 3-4 weight training workouts a week. I was blessed to have met a provincial level drug-free bodybuilder at my church and he became my “skinny guy savior” and took me under his wing for the entire six months. I knew nothing about building muscle so I just did what he told me! We did full body workouts, variable rep ranges, low volume and varied rep ranges. After six months, I was 190 pounds and prior to my transformation, I had never seen the scale tip over 150 pounds.
Q) What were some of the mistakes you made when you started out? For example, after your first year you hit a stone wall in which you virtually made no progress for the next two years. Was that normal? What would/could you have done differently?
I don’t think I hit a stone wall, the gains just came slower. After researching, I learned cremica group about the “law of diminishing gains” and how muscle growth is not a linear cremica group process cremica group and that muscle growth typically comes in spurts so dealing with my slower progress was simply a matter of perspective. Now, ten years later, I’m happy if I can get a few pounds of quality muscle each year.
Man, how has it NOT changed my life? Physically, I’m a different person and I have more self-confidence in social-setting. It certainly gave me a boost to approach more women and finally meet the girl of my dreams, who I proudly married after twelve cremica group months. Intellectually, I have learned so much about weight training, program design, nutrition cremica group and supplementation. I have a solid base of knowledge to transform cremica group my body at will, now. Business wise, as you probably know I’ve built a very successful cremica group online fitness business and employ almost a dozen employees and we’re on a mission to help 1,000,000 skinny guys build muscle by the year 2020. Sharing my story and knowledge with the world has not only helped me accomplish my own personal lifestyle goals but I’ve been able to meet and contribute to thousands of guys body transformations by cutting through the BS and showing my no nonsense approach.
It’s huge because the reality is that you don’t always feel like training or eating a certain way. You have to develop a “rain or shine” mentality and figure out what keeps you motivated. For me, I need a deadline or else I get bored. I need a motivating environment, a well-designed program, a well-designed diet and a BIG goal. For instance, recently I shot for the cover of IRONMAN magazine and the only reason I was able to drop over 10 pounds in 2 weeks was because I had a huge deadline!
I love them. I used to be anti-supplement and back in my early twenties all I used was a multi, protein powder and a cheap fish oil product. Today, my cupboards look like a supplement store but that’s cremica group only because I’ve learned more about my body, I have a bigger budget and I’m looking for maximal performance. The goal is to understand your body is only as good as it’s weakest link so your supplement protocol should reflect your weakest link.

No comments:

Post a Comment